MCM Alarms Ltd. registered office: Castle House, 1a Castle Street, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. NN8 1LS.
Company registered in England and Wales No. 6918118.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) relates to the handling of all personal data of our customers or customer related data.
Under the GDPR, processing is necessary for the performance of the Contract we have with you and in order to comply with our obligations under the Contract, we will need to process your data.
What do we do with your personal data?
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We will only use your personal information to administer your service agreement and to advise you on products and services offered by the MCM Group.
We do not pass on your personal data to any third party, unless required to do so for certification or monitoring purposes under the SSAIB Certification Scheme. Further information can be obtained from www.ssaib.org
Electrical Installations requiring Certification under the Part P Scheme will require data sharing to register installations with ELECSA and Building Control.
Further information can be obtained from https://www.gov.uk
For our monitored customers we will need to pass on your and your key holders information to the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) – Securi-Guard Monitoring Services for the purpose of contacting you or your elected key holders in the event of an activation. Further information can be obtained from www.securi-guardmonitoring.co.uk/
We will also need to pass your details onto Webway if for customers of that product to ensure continued connection to the monitoring station from your security system.
Further information can be obtained from www.webwayone.co.uk
What counts as Personal Data?
The definition of ‘personal data’ we will hold varies for staff, customers and suppliers but can include but is not limited to the following:
• Names, titles and aliases.
• Gender, age, date of birth, marital status, and nationality.
• Photographs and CCTV images – if there is something in the picture that means you can be identified from it (e.g. a name badge)
• Contact details such as telephone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses.
• Passport numbers, driving licence numbers or work ID numbers and hard copies.
• Financial identifiers, such as bank account number, payment card number, payment/transaction identifiers and policy number
• IP addresses, alarm logs and security identifying passwords.
MCM and any of its Group companies will not collect data about you that we do not need. We will make sure that the personal data we do collect is updated in our systems in a timely and accurate manner.
The GDPR requires personal data to be processed in a manner that ensures its security. This includes protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. It requires that appropriate technical or organisational measures be used to ensure this.
How do we store your Personal Data?
All personal data is stored electronically on a secure server, protected by industry recognised data security. Hard copies are stored in a secure filing system, protected by CCTV, intruder alarm systems and access control systems.
How long do we keep your Personal Data for?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Individual Rights Under the GDPR
In general terms, the GDPR entitles you, if you’re a EU citizen to:
• Know why we are using your data, how long we will keep it and who can see it.
• Obtain access to the data that the Company holds and processes about you. A copy of this information can provided but administration charges could apply; we will also charge a ‘reasonable fee’ to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. We will provide this information without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request.
• Changes to your contact details or key holder changes remain free of charge for the duration of you contract with the MCM Group of companies.
• Request correction of your personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Be forgotten. This means you can ask us to delete your data if it is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website for information on the law and helpful hints – https://ico.org.uk/
If you think there may have been a breach where data or information may have been used or secured incorrectly, please contact our Privacy Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org